Stace provides a positive & uplifting approach to COMPETITIVE SURFING.
Technical and strategic advice at World Tour, Qualifying Tour & Pro Junior events
Personalised 1-on-1 coaching FOR BEGINNER, INTERMIDIATE & PROFESSIONAL SURFERS
Video Feedback and Written Reports
Interactive group sessions with practice heats against friends & COLLEAGUES or another competitor
Below is the services completed matched with results for some of the worlds best surfers.
From 2014 through to 2016 Jack employed me on a full time basis.
I travelled to every event as his personal TRAVEL PARTNER/coacH.
Jack Qualified in 2015 for the 2016 World Tour.
- 2nd Oi Rio Pro, Rio De Janerio, Brazil 2016
- 5th Sunset World Cup, Sunset Beach, Hawaii 2016
- 1st SATA Airlines Pro, San Miguel Island, Azores 2015
- Having positive energy as a travel companion
- Heat strategy
- Filming and critical feedback of all heats and free-surfing sessions
- Critique of surf technique (speed, power and flow)
- Strategic decision-making
- Arranging travel to and from the event site (e.g. punctual for flights, car rental, accommodation)
- Ensuring that surf equipment was prepared and in excellent condition at all times
DURING NON-EVENT PERIODS
Jack and I worked closely to ensure he was at his physical and mental peak for upcoming surf events. My role with Jack during these times included but were not limited to:
- Goal setting
- Filming free-surfing sessions (for review of surfing technique)
- Working with sponsors and/or magazine profile pieces both at home and abroad
- Setting time restrictions and deadlines to fulfil important sponsorship obligations
- Operating jetski for water safety
- Delivering both verbal and written feedback to major sponsors and surfboard shapers
During 2013 i was based on the Gold Coast training closely with Mitch as he qualified for the 2014 World Championship Tour.
- 1st Chiba Pro, Chiba, Japan 2013
- 3rd Ballito Pro, Ballito Beach, South Africa 2013
- 3rd Azores Pro, San Miguel Island, Azores 2013
AREAS OF ASSISTANCE
- Heat strategy
- Filming and critical feedback of free-surfing sessions and mock training drills
- Working in conjunction with other likeminded professionals and sharing information and ideas